This was really good my hubby liked it…Be sure to proceed with the pie recipe instructions, including the recommended temperature for baking and the time for that recipe to make a perfectly flaky, foolproof, all-butter pie crust !!
– 2 to 1/2 C. of all-purpose flour
– 1 C.Of butter, unsalted
– 3/4 C.Of very cold water
– 1 TBSP. of sugar
– 1 TSP. of sea salt
1. Measure the flour into a big tub then whisk in the salt with sugar. Next, you can toss in the butter and coat both of them with flour.
2. Using the first 3 fingers of both hands, please mash the butter into smaller pieces (only larger than the size of the peas). You can also do this with two knives or a good pastry blender, but I prefer to have my fingertips included.
3. Always remember to stir in a half cup of water with a rubber spatula until the water is absorbed and the dough tends to come together (meaning, until the mixture appears kind of uniform, somewhat crumbly, and the butter is split).
4. Once done, apply the remaining quarter cup of water in case the dough is already stiff and crumbly. Immediately, bring the hands together with the dough until it forms a mass that is smooth and almost loose.
5. Okay now, you may want to divide the pie dough in two and pass one-two to a plastic wrap sheet and mold it into a 1-inch-thick disk. You can use the plastic wrap to help bring the dough together if needed. And please repeat with the leftover dough.
6. Be sure to chill the dough disks in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before using them. You’d best store it in the refrigerator for up to a week or up to 2 months in the fridge before using this dough.
7. Finally, roll the dough straight from the refrigerator. Alternately, let the dough to sit in the refrigerator for one day before rolling when frozen.
ENJOY IT!! AND THANKS FOR SHARING!!!