A family favourite! What a fabulous combination of textures and flavours. Not only is this recipe easy but also tastes great!
#Graham Cracker Toffee Crust
– 5 whole graham cracker sheets
– 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
– 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
– 2 tablespoons of toffee bits (You’d best use Heath Bits ‘O Brickle Toffee bits)
#Peanut Butter Pie Filling
– 1 cup heavy cream
– 6 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
– 1 cup smooth peanut butter
– 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
– 1/2 cup of toffee bits (You’d best use Heath Bits ‘O Brickle Toffee its)
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 4 oz. quality semisweet chocolate, chopped
– 1/2 cup of heavy cream
– 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
– 1 1/2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
– mini chocolate chips (optional)
– chopped peanut butter cups (optional)
– Mini Chocolate Peanut Butter Pies
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a 12 count regular size muffin tin with muffin/cupcake liners.
2. Add Graham Cracker Crust ingredients to food processor and blend to a fine crumble. Then make sure to divide Crust mixture between the 12 liners, about a heaping tablespoon each, and press into the bottom of the liners. Now bake until lightly golden, about 5 to 7 minutes; Set aside.
3. Once done, you may add heavy cream to a large mixing bowl and beat using a handheld electric mixer on high, until firm peaks form; Set aside.
4. Beat peanut butter and cream cheese to a separate mixing bowl (or remove heavy cream) with the same beaters, until smooth. Add the confectioners’ sugar, toffee bits, vanilla, and salt and beat until smooth (it will be thick). Gently fold the whipped heavy cream into the peanut butter-cream cheese mixture with a spatula until completely blended.
5. Spoon Peanut Butter Pie Filling into muffin tins (they will fill to the top). Immediately freeze for at least one hour.
6. Meanwhile, prepare Chocolate Ganache by microwaving heavy cream for approximately 90 seconds until hot but not boiling then please add chocolate and let sit for 1 minute, whisking vigorously until smooth.
7. Finally, allow to cool to barely warm, stirring occasionally (it will thicken as it cools.).
8. Spoon the Chocolate Ganache over the peanut butter cups and spread with the back of the spoon (its okay if some spreads over the edges).
9. To garnish, melt peanut butter and drizzle over mini pies (I add my peanut butter to a ziploc bag and snip the corner), sprinkle with salted peanuts and mini chocolate chips. Once done, freeze for at least 4 hours up to 7 days. (See Notes)
10. Make sure to serve IMMEDIATELY after removing from the freezer as the mini pies soften quickly. You can serve with the or without the cupcake liners, as desired.