This elegant version of Carrot Cake, Cream Cheese Stuffed Carrot Cake with Orange Glaze is Super moist. Yep, Perfect to serve anytime for dessert, but would be especially nice at a dinner party. Just resisit not to drink the sweet and tangy Orange Cream Cheese Glaze straight from the bowl
TO MAKE THIS RECIPE, YOU’LL NEED THE FOLLOWING INGREDIENTS :
– 2 1/2 cups peeled and grated carrots*
– 2 cups all purpose flour
– 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
– 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
– 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
– 2 teaspoons baking soda
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1/2 teaspoon allspice
– 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 4 eggs
– 3/4 cup of vegetable oil
– 1/2 cup of vanilla Greek yogurt, regular or lowfat
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 2 teaspoons of orange extract
#Cream Cheese Filling
– 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
– 1/2 cup granulated sugar
– 1 large egg
– 1 teaspoon lemon juice
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
#Orange Cream Cheese Glaze
– 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
– 2 tablespoons butter, softened
– 2 tablespoons orange juice
– 2 teaspoons lemon juice
– 1 teaspoon orange extract
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
#Optional Decorative Garnishes
– roasted pecans, roughly chopped
– orange zest
HOW TO MAKE IT :
1. To begin, preheat your oven to 350F degrees and butter and flour a 10” bundt cake pan (or use nonstick-spray with flour in it); set aside.
2. To make the Cream Cheese Filling, You should beat the cream cheese and sugar until light and creamy and then beat in remaining Filling Ingredients until smooth: set Aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix all of the Dry Ingredients together then pick another bowl and gently whisk in eggs then stir in remaining Wet Ingredients just until combined. Don’t overmix.
4. Next, make sure to stir Wet Ingredients into Dry Ingredients just until moistened, then stir in 2 to 1/2 cups grated carrots until evenly combined (You can use clean hands to stir in the carrots).
5. Now, spoon 3 cups batter into prepared bundt cake pan then spoon Cream Cheese Filling over batter and gently smooth, but do not touch the sides of the pan. Top with remaining batter.
6. Bake at 350F degrees for 45 minutes, cover with foil then reduce heat to 325 and bake until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, about 25 to 30 more minutes. Once done, cool in the pan for 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
7. To make the Orange Cream Cheese Glaze, cream together all of the Glaze ingredients (except the powdered sugar) with an electric mixer, on medium speed, until completely smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes. Afterwards, add sifted powdered sugar and beat until very smooth, scraping down sides as needed then Immediately place the frosting in the refrigerator for 5 to 10 minutes before using.
8. When cake has cooled, drizzle Glaze over cake or individual servings, whisking in additional orange juice/milk if Glaze has become too thick upon standing.
9. Finally, be sure to store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.