MOST HELPFUL REVIEWS FROM THE WEB
This cucumber salad is very tasty! I salt my cucumbers for a bit and then drain them. You always have to drain the liquid off the cucumbers. The salt is what makes the cucumbers soft and salt-flavored. Delicious!
This is such a creamy and delicious salad. I didn’t have dill weed and it is still perfectly flavored. I will be picking up Dill for the next time but it is fantastic without it too.
When I saw this recipe I hoped it would be good, thought it sounded good. After making it, I can honestly say it was better than I had hoped. It was easy to make and ended up with a flavor that was much better than I had anticipated.
DAD’S CREAMY CUCUMBER SALAD
• 4 large Cucumbers
• 1 medium Sweet Onion
• 1 cup Mayonnaise
• 1/2 cup White Sugar
• 1/4 cup White Vinegar
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• Wash, peel and thinly slice 4 large cucumbers. Use a mandoline for uniformity.
• Thinly slice 1 medium sweet onion.
• Place the sliced cucumbers and onions in a ceramic, glass or plastic bowl that has a lid.
• In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar. Mix until smooth.
• Turn the mayonnaise mixture into the cucumber and onion mixture, combine well.
• Salt and pepper to taste.
• Cover with a lid, shake lightly.
• Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 6 hours (overnight works well).
• Refrigerate leftovers.
Makes 6 servings of Creamy Cucumber Salad