This homemade croissant recipe is extremely buttery and flaky, and it will make your morning breakfast so much delicious! Complete recipe guide with pictures and videos to teach you how to make the best croissants from scratch.
It’s been over 6 years since I shared my croissant recipe with you, and since then I have been pleasantly surprised to see so much of my croissant making a success! After all, this is why I am doing this.
However, I want to make it clear to you that baking is not very difficult and with a little practice anyone can succeed with it. Even when it comes to making something decadent like this croissant ! It’s a labor of love, but it’s worth it and surprisingly simple to put it together.
What is a croissant ?
The croissant is a crusty, layered French pastry in the shape of a crescent. Everyone loved them and for good reason! We’re talking cloud-like, buttery, flaky, yeast, chewy bread. It truly is one of most decadent supplies you can eat.
The croissant dough gets much layers by “laminating” the dough. This means we roll and fold over and over again, giving you thin layers of dough and butter. As it bakes, the butter melts and gives off steam. This puffs each thin layer of dough so that the croissants give hundreds of layers of butter.
* What do you need :
° White flour: 5 large cups
° Warm water: 2 large cups
° Oil: 1/2 large cup
° Powdered milk: 1/4 large cup
° white sugar: 2 tablespoons
° Yeast: 2 tablespoons
° salt: a pinch
° butter per person
° egg: 1 (large)
° vanilla: pinch
* The method of work:
- At first, put two large cups of flour in a deep bowl, then add the yeast, sugar, salt and milk powder, and mix everything well.
- You will want to add water (gradually) to the flour mixture. And mixing again to ingredients are Homogeneous.
- After that, cover the dough and leave it until it ferments. It takes about 10 minutes.
- Once done, you need to put in the oil and the rest of the flour. Knead the dough again until we get a smooth and cohesive dough.
- Make sure to divide the dough for 10 minutes into medium-sized balls, and leave it to rest a little for 5 minutes.
- Spread each ball of the dough with a rolling pin on a surface sprinkled with a little flour, until it becomes thin and covered with butter.
- Place the dough balls on top of each other immediately. Not to forget, spreading butter between every layer.
- You will want to roll all the layers again using the rolling pin until they are thin. Then it is cut into equal-sized triangles.
- At this point, you can place your favorite croissant filling and then roll it from the side of the dough triangle to the base.
- Next, you may wish to grease the oven tray with butter, then place the croissants on the tray.
- The next step is to whisk the egg well with vanilla, then spread the croissant with it. Leave to brew, about another 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C for 10 minutes.
- Place tray in preheated oven until croissants are softly & brown. This taking about 27 min maximum.