Buckeyes (Buckeye Candy / Peanut Butter Balls) are an easy and fun treat for kids and adults! Chocolate and peanut butter are of course a fantastic and proven pairing. Plus, they’re really simple to make and great for gift giving during the holidays too!
* Instructions :
° 1½ cup of peanut butter
° 1 cup of softened butter
° ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
° 6 cups of powdered sugar
° 4 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips (you can also use a chocolate candy coating if you like)
- Using waxed paper, line a large baking sheet or baking sheet.
- Combine powdered sugar, peanut butter, vanilla extract and butter together in a large bowl, stirring until well combined.
- Once mixed, roll the peanut butter mixture into 1-inch balls and place the balls on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet.
- At the top of each ball, press down on a toothpick (to be used later as a handle for dipping) and cool in freezer for 30 minutes, or until firm.
- In the microwave, melt the chocolate chips for 1 minute.
- Dip each ball of peanut butter into the chocolate using the toothpick as a handle.
- Then you need to leave a small portion of peanut butter on top to make them look like Buckeyes.
- On waxed paper you can place chocolate coated peanut butter balls and remove the toothpick.
- Now that the peanut butter has softened, use a finger to smooth the hole in the toothpick.
- Finally, refrigerate until the chocolate is set and be sure to store in the refrigerator until you eat or offer.