Create your own Christmas cake with our simple recipe for a Christmas cake.
If you’re trying to infuse some of the strongest tastes of the holiday season, you’re going to really love this perfect Christmas cake.
Get in the holiday mood by preparing a chic Christmas cake. This delicious frosted fruitcake is the best typical dessert for your family and friends throughout the holidays.
– 2 containers candied cherries.
– 2 pkg blanched slivered almonds.
– 1 container candied mixed citrus peel.
– 2 c. packed brown sugar.
– 2 c. raisins.
– 2 c. all-purpose flour.
– 1 c. dried currants.
– 1 c. Softened butter.
– 1 c. pitted and chopped dates.
– 1/2 c. brandy.
– 1/2 c. all-purpose flour.
– 3/4 c. molasses.
– 3/4 c. apple juice.
– 1/2 tsp baking soda.
– 1 tsp ground cloves.
– 1 tsp ground allspice.
– 1 tsp ground cinnamon.
– 1/2 tsp salt.
– 6 large eggs.
– Step 1- Combine cherries, citrus peel, raisins, currants, apple, and almonds in a medium mixing bowl. Add brandy and let stand for 2 hours.
– Step 2- Dredge soaked fruit with all-purpose flour.
– Step 3- Preheat the oven to 275 F. Grease the bottom of the fruit cake pan, line with parchment paper, and grease again.
– Step 4- Mix the flour, baking soda, cloves, cinnamon, allspice, and salt together in a small bowl, then set aside. cream butter in a medium bowl, until light.
– Step 5- Add in brown sugar and eggs, slowly. Add molasses and the apple juice together, mix well.
– Step 6- Mix all mixtures in the same bowl, and fold in floured fruit then pour the batter into the prepared pan.
– Step 7- Bake for 3 hours. Then remove it from the pan, and remove the paper.
Fully cool the cake, then roll it loosely in wax paper. Place in a container that is airtight. ENJOY!!
THANKS FOR SHARING!!