HOLY COW..This is a fantastic easy recipe for HOMEMADE DIVINITY CANDY !! This classic holiday treat is made with just a few ingredients & is about to become your new go-to dessert !!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED :
– Sugar: ½ kg (granulated)
– Water: 1 cup
– Light corn syrup: 1 cup
– Salt: 1 teaspoon
– Egg white: 2
– Vanilla: 1 tsp
– Toasted chopped pecans: 120 grams
– Roasted pecan halves (To decorate)
1. In a 2 liter heavy saucepan over low heat, cook 4 first ingredients for 16 minutes, or until the sugar dissolves. Once the sugar has dissolveed, remove the syrup mixture; put aside.
2. You’ll want to beat two egg whites at high speed with an electric mixeruntil hard peaks form. You can then pour Semi-hot syrup over the egg white in a thin stream, beaten persistently at high speed for about 6 minutes.
3. Immediately cook the remaining radius over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring. Make sure to pour in the hot syrup and the vanilla extract intensively when mixing the egg whites, whisking constantly at high speed until the mixture maintains its shape. And please add 1 cup chopped pecans.
4. Okay now, drop the mixture quickly from a rounded teaspoon into greased fine wax paper. If needed, you may want to decorate. And please leave it before serving.
If you tried this recipe, don’t forget to share the result with us !!