Omgosh this is delicious…Believe me, this recipe is so full of flavor it’s hands down the best meatloaf you’ve ever had, just give it a go !!
° Ground meat: 1 pound
° Ground Italian sausage: 1/2 a pound
° Onion: 1 small, chop it Ifinely
° Sweet pepper: 1/2 C chopped (I used orange, it was all I had in the freezer)
° Olive oil: 1 teaspoon
° Worcestershire sauce: 1 tsp.
° Garlic: 1 clove (minced)
° Spices: 1/2 teaspoon
° Basil: 1/2 teaspoon
° Parsley: 1/2 teaspoon
° Egg: 1 (beaten)
° Italian bread crumbs: 3/4 m
° White bread crumbled: 2 slices
° Milk: 1 T.
° Shredded mozzarella: 8 oz. (keep it 3/4 ° C)
° Parmesan cheese: 1/4 m
° Marinara sauce: 1 c. + an additional 1/2 -3/4 m for garnish
1. Start by heating the olive oil over a medium In a small frying pan. Then saute onions and peppers on high heat for 3 to 4 minutes; remove from heat.
2. Then your going to get a large bowl and add in the meat, onions, and pepper, along with all remaining ingredients, reserving 3/4 ° C mozzarella cheese for garnish.
3. Using the best tools God has given you, hands, dive in there and collect everything really well.
4. Now that all comes together, you needs to place the mixture into a baking tray of your choice (I used Portuguese oval stoneware). For this part, you can pour 1/2 to 3/4 ° C marinara sauce on top; spread.
5. You’ll want to put in a 400 degrees oven for 51 min. After that,remove from the oven and cover it with the remaining cheese. And please sprinkle it with a little dry basil.
6. Alright, go back to the oven for 10 minutes more. Be careful the meat shouldn’t be pink before serving, because the baking time varies depending on the thickness of your loaf (mine thickness was about 2).