If you’re looking for a recipe to impress your husband, HERSHEY’S OLD FASHIONED RICH COCOA FUDGE is the option!! My husband took some for evening-meal the next day and his co-workers were asking for the recipe!
– 3 c of sugar
– 2/3 c of cocoa powder, unsweetened
– 1/8 tsp of salt
– 1 1/2 c of milk
– 1/4 c of butter, melted
– 1 tsp of vanilla extract
1. Use foil to line an 8 or 9 inch square pan; butter the foil.
2. In a large heavy sauce pan stir in the sugar, cocoa powder and 1/8 tsp of salt. Mix well. Use a big spoon (must be wooden) to gently stir in milk.
3. Cook until mixture comes to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
4. Boil on Candy thermometer to 234 degrees F. until a tad of Syrup, when dropped in a glass of very cold water forms a very soft ball which flattens when removed from water (please do not stir and do not let the bulb of Candy thermometer rest on bottom of pan) for about 30 minutes. Make sure to keep rechecking until a soft ball forms in the cold water.
5. Remove from heat then add gradually butter and vanilla (DO NOT STIR).
6. Cool at room temperature, to 110 degrees or lukewarm, about 2 hours or more. (Sweet ANTICIPATION) Do Not Stir !!
7. Beat fudge until it thickens and looses some of it’s gloss with a wooden spoon, about 15 – 20 minutes. A tag partner to beat the fudge if needed. When it’s ready, it looks more like frosting instead of a thick syrup.
8. Spread quickly onto prepared pan; Let cool.
9. Cut into squares. To cut easier, you’d better use a warm knife that has been dipped in hot water and dried off.
10. Loosely wrap in foil and place in refrigerator. Except the one you headed to bed with.