This creamy and fluffy Buttercream Frosting is my absolute favorite out of all that I’ve tried! I used it to pipe on decorations for my daughter’s horse birthday cake and worked like charm!! I was looking for something that did not include the nasty shortening and was easy to make. I didn’t have any luck with meringue buttercreams either, which just tasted like a big block of butter and requires refrigeration, re-whipping, etc. I was very happy to find this recipe!!
– 1 cup of butter, softened
– 3 cups of powdered sugar
– 1 tsp of vanilla extract
– 2 tbs of heavy whipping cream
1. Blend butter with a stand or hand mixer until smooth & creamy.
2. Add gradually powdered sugar (must be 1/2 cup at a time) until fully incorporated.
3. Add vanilla and mix well.
4. Add heavy whipping cream and blend well until thoroughly mixed.
5. Now, fill piping bag and pipe onto cake or cupcakes.