Southern Caramel Cake Recipe The Real Deal – The best true Southern caramel cake recipe on the web! If you want the original Southern caramel cake with the best caramel cream you must prepare this recipe. It’s the real real deal. If you like this, you’ll also love the homemade caramel pie .
Southern caramel cake recipes have always been a classic that I can have any day of the week. My family has made it for decades, and it’s definitely a favorite old destination of the South. The funny thing about this cake is that many people are not used to it until the movie “Help” mentioned it. This classic cake online (definitely a true caramel cake imitation).
All of the real caramel bun mimics looked alright but nothing like the one I used to eat. The classic caramel cake recipe features a moist yellow butter cake but a bit dense (but still light) not too sweet as the caramel cream is the true star of the party.
The classic Southern caramel cake doesn’t shorten the cream caramel recipe using the quick brown sugar method, and is an alternative to caramel frosting (my recipe doesn’t shorten anything). This caramel uses granulated sugar and evaporated milk to create a delicious flavor.
This Southern caramel cake recipe is a true caramel cake. It puts other caramel cake recipes to shame. Caramel cream (definitely the topping, not the caramel frosting that varies a bit in texture and consistency) comes from Aunt Beef, and it definitely comes down to the kitchen.
Try this for yourself and finally enjoy a true classic! Note, this is not a cake that you can quickly throw together. Sure, it takes about 3 hours from start to finish but it’s worth the wait!
* What do you need :
# For cake;
° All-purpose flour: 2 cups + 2 tablespoons (sifted plus flour for dusting cake trays)
° Salt: 1/4 teaspoon
° Sugar: 2 cups
° Butter: 2 sticks (unsalted)
° Water: 1 cup
° Soda: 1 teaspoon
° Milk: half a cup
° eggs: 2 (big )
° vanilla: 1 teaspoon
° Sugar: 3 cups (granules)
° Butter: 1 stick
° Heavy cream: 1 cup
° a dash of salt
° vanilla: 2 teaspoons
* Let’s do it :
- First, set the oven temperature to 350, then place butter and flour in 9 inch cake trays.
- In a big bowl, sieve 2 cups + 2 tsps flour & salt.
- You’ll want to adding sugar also whisking To combined.
- Choose a saucepan and mix the butter and water, then bring it to a boil and pour the flour and sugar with a whisk until combined.
- You can then add soda, milk, eggs, and vanilla and mix them until well combined and smooth.
- Once done, pour it into butter and flour baking trays.
- Be sure to baking for 21 to 27 min, & check cake after about 16 min ,.
- Directly, taking pans out of oven & let them cooled on rack about 15 min . You can then convert the layers into shelves covered with parchment until they cool completely.
- To make a cream caramel (note: while making this decor you will have two pots, so prepare everything to go and have a big hot pad). Pick a large saucepan and put it together in 2½ cup sugar, butter, cream, and a pinch of salt, then cook over medium heat until almost boiling. After that, be sure to pour the syrup into another pan.
- In a small saucepan, in the meantime, put half a cup of sugar and melt it in a medium until it turns into amber, making sure not to stirring this sugar, but you will need to vibrate the pan every some min to help distribute sugar. This is Sugar Syrup that you will pour to pot .
- Make sure to cook on a medium to medium-high temperature while pouring the syrup, and continue stirring until the softball stage or 232 on the thermometer.
- Immediately remove the saucepan from the stove, turn it over with vanilla, and let it cool down for 15 minutes.
- Well yet , you’d better go to a big mixer & whisk at a medium speed. You can also using hand mixer on medium heat also mix it for 15-20 min.
- Finally, Adding a some cream if frosting freezes too easy .