Definitely a keeper !! This Italian LEMON POUND CAKE is Extremely MOIST with a secret ingredient that will really makes this cake stand out from anything you’ve ever had before! I Made this as a surprise birthday cake for my husband and it was the hit of the day !!
WHAT YOU NEED :
– 3 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon of baking powder
– 1/4 teaspoon of salt
– 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 2 cups of sugar
– 3 large eggs
– 1/2 cup buttermilk
– 1/2 cup of sour cream
– 4 tablespoons lemon juice
– 1 tsp. of minced fresh ginger
– Zest (2 tbsps.) of 2 lemons
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla
HOW TO MAKE IT :
In the beginning, pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F.
1. Make sure to sift in flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside. Then pick another bowl and cream in butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Afterwards, beat in eggs, one at a time. And please, mix in the sour cream, lemon juice, vanilla, ginger, and lemon zest together.
2. At this point, you can mix half of the flour mixture into the butter mixture. And please mix in the buttermilk and then add in the remaining flour mixture. Make sure to mix just until the flour disappears. Once done, pour the cake batter into a bundt pan that has been generously sprayed with baking spray.
3. Now you may want to bake until a knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 70 to 80 minutes. Next, remove the cake from the oven and let to cool about 5 minutes. Then turn the cake over on a cake platter then spread the lemon glaze over the warm cake so that the glaze can soak into the cake. Always remember to let the cake cool completely and drizzle the lemon cream cheese frosting over the cake.
– 1 to 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
– 3 tablespoon of lemon juice, at room temperature
All you need to do is whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice and mix until the glaze is smooth.