This homemade lemon pound cake is super moist and soft packed with lemon flavour !! Grab some lemons and bake this soft & fluffy lemon loaf cake over the weekend, it tastes even better than the Starbucks Lemon Loaf !!
YOU’LL NEED :
– Eggs: 3 large
– Cake flour: 1 plus 1/2 cups
– Granulated sugar: 1 cup
– Lemon juice: 1/3 cup
– Coconut oil: 1/2 cup
– Butter: 2 tbsp (softened)
– Lemon extract: 1 tsp
– Vanilla extract: 1 tsp
– Baking powder: 1 tsp
– Baking soda: 1/2 tsp
– Salt: 1/2 tsp
#FOR THE LEMON ICING:
– Powdered sugar: 1 cup + 1 tbsp.
– Whole milk: 2 tbsp
– Lemon extract: 1/2 tsp
1. Firt, you’re going to get b a medium bowl and mix in the flour with the baking soda, baking powder, and salt together.
2. In a separate bowl with an electric mixer, blend the eggs, white sugar, softened butter, vanilla extract, lemon extract, and lemon juice.
3. At this time, the dry ingredients and the wet ingredient should be mixed and combined until soft with a wooden fork.
4. Make sure to stir in the oil, and blend properly for an additional few seconds.
5. And please pour the batter into a lightly greased loaf pan.
6. After that, bake at 350 degrees F until a toothpick trapped in the cake’s middle comes out clean, it takes around 40 to 45 minutes. When the specified time has passed, you may remove it from the oven.
7. To prepare the icing, you’ll want to get a small bowl and combine in all the icing ingredients. Finally, beat at low speed with an electric mixer to create the lemon icing.
8. I find it very useful to remove the loaf from the pan, while it is cooled, and frost the topped with the icing.
9. Until slicing; I always let thermion loaf in the fridge just until the icing set in.