Lemon Lush is a delicious five star dessert! My sister made this for Thanksgiving dinner as an alternative for people who don’t care for pies. Everyone chose this over pies! She is still getting asked for the recipe! Reccommended for any occasion as well as any potluck since it will travel well too!
– 1 cup flour
– 1/2 cup butter
– 1/2 cup chopped pecans
– 8 ounces cream cheese
– 1 cup powdered sugar
– 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, divided
– 1 (3 ounce) box lemon pudding mix
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 2 1/4 cups water, divided
– 2 egg yolks
1. Mix together flour, butter & chopped pecans like biscuit dough and press into 8 x 8 inch baking pan. Next, bake at 400 degrees until brown, about 20 minutes .
2. Mix together cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1 cup whipped topping and spread over first layer while still warm. Stir lemon pudding mix, sugar, 1/4 cup water and egg yolks together in a medium saucepan. Stir in 2 cups water. Cook over medium heat while stirring constantly with wire whisk until mixture comes to a full boil. (NOTE: You should use the ingredients & directions for preparation on the package if you are using instant pudding or a different flavor).
3. Cool for 5 minutes, stirring twice then cool for another 30 minutes and spread over two previous layers. Cool completely and top with remaining whipped topping