Mmmmm…My grandmother and I used to make this classic potato candy together when I was younger. We would make it durring Christmas time, doing batches of red and then green. Seriously, this was a real treat today, in everyway 😍 🥔 !!
– 6 cups powdered sugar, plus more if needed
– 1/2 cup of russet potato, mashed and cooled (about 1 large potato)
– 1/3 cup of creamy peanut butter
– 1 tablespoon milk
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/8 teaspoon salt
1. First, beat together mashed potato, milk, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl on medium speed with an electric mixer, about 2 minutes.
2. Next, mix in powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, until a dough has formed. Now that you’ve added in 6 cups, you can also add in 1 tablespoon increments if you need more. Make sure that your is Dough thick, slightly thicker than cookie dough.
3. You may want to form dough into a ball and dust with powdered sugar. Once done, roll dough into 1/8-inch thick rectangle on a sheet of wax or parchment paper. And please trim to 10×12-inches.
4. Okay now, you can sprinkle (generously) powdered sugar over top of dough and place another piece of parchment paper over it. And please invert the rectangle of dough and discard the paper that is now on top (the one you used to roll out the dough).
5. Immediately, spread peanut butter evenly over dough and then roll dough tightly long-side to long-side using parchment paper to guide it, jelly-roll style.
6. finally, wrap in parchment and freeze for about 1 hour, then cut into 1/4-inch thick slices and serve. Enjoy!
Note: Always remember that leftover candy should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.