COPYCAT PANERA BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP is the perfect bowl of comfort food without leaving your house! Ready in less than 30 minutes!!
– 1 tablespoon melted butter
– 1/2 medium chopped onion
– 1/4 cup melted butter
– 1/4 cup flour
– 2 cups half-and-half cream
– 2 cups chicken stock
– 1/2 lb fresh broccoli
– 1 cup carrot, julienned
– 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
– 8 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
– salt and pepper
HOW TO MAKE IT :
1. Sauté onion in butter. Set aside.
2. Cook melted butter and flour using a whisk over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly then add the half & half.
3. Add the chicken stock. Simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Add the broccoli, carrots and onions and cook over low heat for about 20 to 25 minutes.
5. Add salt and pepper. Can be puréed in a blender if desired. Return to heat and add cheese. Stir in nutmeg.