Two favorite desserts in one! So rich and delicious. Elegant-looking with whipped cream as a dinner party dessert, just give it a shot.
– 1 box Brownie mix , must have instructions for making in 13×9 pan + ingredients listed on the package
#PECAN PIE FILLING:
– 1 cup Sugar
– 1 to 1/2 cups of Light Corn syrup
– 4 large Eggs
– 1/4 cup of butter, unsalted
– 1 to 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
– 2 cups of Pecans, roughly chopped
1. First, please preheat your oven according to brownie package instructions.
2. In a small saucepan, whisk the sugar, corn syrup, eggs, butter, and vanilla and place on the stove top over medium high heat and begin to cook, stirring continuously.
3. Then mix brownies according to package instructions.
4. Into a greased 13×9 inch pan, pour brownie batter and place in oven to bake for 20 minutes.
5. The filling in the saucepan, while the brownies bake, should have thicken enough to coat your spoon (about 15 minutes). Stir the pecans into the mixture and continue to cook until the mixture reaches the consistency of runny oatmeal, about 2 to 3 more minutes. Yep, I want it to be loose enough to pour over the brownies but not liquid.
6. Now that the brownies have finished pre-baking, you may remove them from the oven and make sure to pour the pecan pie filling over them, spreading it out to cover the brownies completely.
7. When done, place them back in the oven and bake until the filling only jiggles slightly in the middle when you move the pan, about 25 to 30 minutes .
8. Finally, you should allow to cool to room temperature before cutting.