My weakness! With ice cream or whipped cream!! I’ve been looking for a great Pie and this seems to be a hit.
– 1 Box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
– 2 1/2 cups light corn syrup
– 2 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
– 1/2 cup butter, melted
– 4 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
– 6 eggs, slightly beaten
– 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
– Butter-flavor cooking spray
– 2 cups pecan halves
– Vanilla ice cream, if desired
1. Heat oven to 425°F. With shortening or cooking spray, grease 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Remove 1 pie crust from pouch; unroll on work surface. Roll into 13×9-inch rectangle. Place crust in dish; trim edges to fit.
2. In large bowl, stir corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs with wire whisk. Stir in chopped pecans then spoon half of filling into crust-lined dish. Remove second pie crust from pouch; unroll on work surface. Roll into 13×9-inch rectangle. Place crust over filling; trim edges to fit. Spray crust with butter-flavor cooking spray.
3. Bake until browned, about 14-16 minutes. Make sure to reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Carefully spoon remaining filling over baked pastry; arrange pecan halves on top in decorative fashion. Bake until set, about 30 minutes longer. Let cool on cooling rack for approximately 20 minutes . Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.