A highly requested recipe in my family! This traditional POTATO PANCAKES are the best for a hearty winter meal!!
– 4 cups cold mash potatoes
– 5 slices bacon
– 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
– 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
– 2 eggs, well beaten
– 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally for 10 minutes, or until evenly browned and crisp.
2. Remove the bacon slices, crumble set aside.
3. Leave the bacon drippings in the skillet.
4. Mix mashed potatoes, eggs, onion powder, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl; stir in the crumbled bacon and Cheddar cheese.
5. Now, form the mixture into 8 patties.
6. Over medium heat, heat the bacon drippings, pan-fry the patties in the drippings for 4 minutes per side, or until crisp on each side.