This recipe is one of my all time favorite dishes !! If you want something that is hearty and healthy, make stuffed bell peppers. A perfect dish to serve doing the fall and winter. Plus, it’s pretty versatile and you can use any type of ground meat you’d like to make this dish. I made them last month and turnned out tender on the outside and absolutely moist and delicious on the inside. One I am sure is when you make these stuffed peppers recipe you’ll never make them any other way.
YOU’LL NEED :
– 6 medium green peppers
– 1 lb of ground beef
– 1 onion, chopped
– 1 (6 to 7/8 ounce) box of Rice-a-Roni mix, Spanish flavour
– 1 (16 ounce) can of tomato sauce
– 1 teaspoon of sugar
– 1 (14 to 1/2 ounce) can of tomatoes (for use in making the rice)
– 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese ( or 1 cup American cheese if you prefer)
HOW TO MAKE IT :
1. In the beginning, remove tops and seeds from peppers; parboil peppers about 5 minutes and drain.
2. Pick a baking dish and place in peppers.
3. Then combine together sground beef and onion and cook until done.
4. Immediately drain and set aside.
5. Once done, prepare Rice-A-Roni according to package directions.
6. Now that rice is done, please combine it with the beef and onion.
7. Make sure to fill peppers with rice mixture.
8. Afterwards, mix the 1 teaspoons sugar with the tomato sauce together and pour this AROUND the peppers (not over). Then you may want to cover the baking dish.
9. Always remember to bake at 350°F about 35 minutes and then uncover and top with the shredded cheese.
10. Okay now, please bake uncovered for about 5 minutes more to melt cheese. Serve with the tomato sauce.