Simple, easy and cheesy! This is a whole meal! No more side dishes or salads. This will do. Give it a shot, it’s worth it.
– 1 package of cornbread/muffin mix
– 3 cups of cooked taco seasoned meat
– 1 cup (8 oz) of light sour cream
– 1 cup of colby jack, cheddar or mexican cheese as desired, shredded and divided
– ½ cup of chopped onion
– 1 medium chopped tomato
– 1 cup of lettuce, shredded
1. In a large bowl, prepare the cornbread according to the package instructions then spread it in an 8×8 sprayed pan.
2. Bake in a preheated oven to 350° the cornbread for 20 minutes.
3. In a bowl, mix together the sour cream, ¾ cup of cheese and onion.
4. Spread the meat over the cornbread then top with the creamy mixture.
5. Bake for 15 more minutes then sprinkle with tomato, lettuce and ¼ cup of cheese.